Call for Applications for AGEA Summer School 2019
CENTRE FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Centre for Business Development (CBD), KNUST is inviting applications into its programme under the African German Entrepreneurship Academy (AGEA) Project dubbed “AGEA Classroom to Boardroom” (AGEA C2B). The Programme is part of a collaboration involving KNUST, Institut d’Enseignement Supérieur (INES) de Ruhengeri, Rwanda, Leipzig University and 30 other universities and business associations in Ghana and Rwanda. The aim is to identify very young entrepreneurs and groom them for the duration of the project. The programme is designed to expose successful applicants to various training in entrepreneurship and hands-on experience over a 2-year period through mentorship and coaching.
The objectives of the Project are as follows:
- Enhance the selected applicants’ chances of starting and sustaining their business startups and to thrive globally
- Nurture the potential of selected applicants to own their business
- Empower the selected applicants to meet the challenges of starting a business with the full tools needed to overcome them
The wide nature of universities involved promises diversified manpower and networks and knowledge sharing, to help in wealth and employment creation leading to poverty reduction.
The Project is targeting current first to third-year undergraduates who have an interest in entrepreneurship and have innovative business ideas that have potential market value needing minimum capital. Groups or partnership up to three with gender considerations and diversified academic backgrounds may be formed for each business idea.
- Summary of a viable, innovative, scalable and cost-friendly business idea; (Max. 1 page)
- Strong academic performance (attached first-semester transcript)
- A signed letter from parent or guardian indicating consent.
- Statement of Purpose (Your career expectations after Bachelor’s Degree) 250 words Max.
How to Apply
Interested applicant (s) should:
Submit a detailed description of the innovative business idea to the Centre for Business Development, KNUST Campus or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applying is 15th May 2019
Admission is free
For any additional information, please contact the Head, Centre for Business Development, adjacent Jubilee Mall, KNUST or call 0247142782 / 0244208992